Sunday, February 13, 2005

Danger Ahead - Valentine's Day

If you are in love or in lust with one person, it is easy. Get a card, plan a dinner or a special time together. If you are dating non-exclusively, i.e. several persons, get a card for each and plan something with each. Maybe a breakfast for one, after a night together, a lunch for another, a supper. The logistics can get complicated but doable. Finding the cards are hard. Most use the L word, which you usually want to avoid if you are a honest person. The best you can do is to find one with a few nice words and the phase "Be my Valentine." This gives some room for the recipient to think love or hope of love without you saying it. Its really hard to find a card for your best fuck-buddy. There is no love and will probably never will be. If you are in unsatisfying marriage what do you do? It depends. If you lead separate lives but are not ready for a divorce yet, but maybe soon, do nothing. If you want to want to keep up appearances and get along, just get a cheap card. If you are still friends with your partner and do not want to get divorced, get an expensive card. So the other day, on the pretense of another kind of trip, I'm off to the Hallmark Gold Crown store. I am not in a very good mood and it is hard to find a card that will make my wife happy but will not be too mushy. Here are the words of the one I got:

For my wife *turn page*
You've given me a special kind of Love *turn page*
Through all the changes
and life's ups and downs,
our love has been a powerful
source of stability
and strength for me... *next paragraph*
Our love has grown
until it touches everything in my life.
Thank you for giving me
that kind of Love.

*signature*

Well its almost true. Maybe if I could substitute the word care for the work love. Maybe caring is a kind of love. Now to find one for my fuck buddy - oh, I guess I will first have to get one. Damn!

Here's to another sexless Valentine's day, my fourth in a row.

1 Comments:

At 2/14/2005 5:16 AM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

Your card sounds nice. I hope she liked it. Would you like to be my f**k buddy? I'm a bit far away but that can be arranged (wink wink). Hope you have a good day today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home