Monday, December 12, 2005

Christmas Cantata

Sunday (Dec 18th) was the big Christmas music Sunday for the church choir. We even had an orchestra performing with the choir. I sing tenor in the choir. We sang two services and my voice is tired. Since I have stopped teaching my voice is not as strong. Also age does effect my singing voice. I lost my high A and few years ago (5 or 6 years?) and now my high G is gone also. When the tenor part splits I now sing second tenor. Its a bit sad as I loved singing first tenor but can no longer reach the highest notes.

But I stilled enjoyed yesterday morning. I just love to sing. I started singing in junior high school and sang in the schools double quartet. In high school I sang in the quartet and we got "1" in the state competitions two year in a row. I don't have a solo voice but I do blend well in a choir. Oh, the Cantata we sang was "The Winter Rose" by Joseph Martin. I think we sounded very good.

1 Comments:

At 12/15/2005 4:44 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I love singing, too. I always wondered how much fun it would be to take voice lessons, but I get so embarassed so easily if I sing a bad note. So I stick with ensembles, too. I was in Madrigals in high school, and never had so much fun singing in a group!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home