Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm Stoned

Kidney stone, I think. For the last week I have had very sharp pain in my back and right side when I urinate. No blood or stones seen. The pain is very intense. If 10 is a pain that would make you pass out, then what I have been feeling is a 8 to a 9 for a short period of time then the pain slowly decreases. Last Friday through Sunday I took Hyrocodone/APAP pain killers. I really hate the drugged feeling I get with it. The last several days the pain does not seem so intense but it still is bad. I got my knees X-rayed today as a first step toward getting my knees fixed so I can walk more than ten minutes at a time.

Damn, I am just falling apart.

1 Comments:

At 8/18/2006 8:42 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Ask for Toradol for your pain. Time and time again I've seen it take pain in kidney stones from a 10 to a 1 or less.

And it's an anti-inflammatory, so no drowsy druggy feeling, and NO tylenol. Also good for the knees.

Just be careful and have food on your stomach when you take it, cause it's rough if you don't.

Nurse Jamie has spoken!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home