Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I love fruitcake

I know that there are many jokes about fruitcakes. The comic strip Garfield had such a joke about fruitcakes today.

I don't care for the light brown colored cakes, I like the dark rich ones. And its better if its moist. If it is too dry, I soak it in rum for a few days. Some times even if its not too dry I soak it in rum. Dark rum is better than light colored rum.

Excuse me while I go get a piece of fruitcake. Now my fingers are sticky and I have to clean the keyboard. :-)

Its hard to find good dark moist fruitcakes. A reliable source of good fruitcakes is the Assumption Abbey in Ava, Mo. I have mail ordered a Fruitcake from them every year for over ten years. I am the only one in my house that likes the fruitcake so I get to eat the whole thing. Boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I often wonder about all the jokes about fruitcakes, do most people really think that badly about fruitcakes and I just outed myself or do most people really like fruitcake and don't want to say so?

I bet most people have not eaten a good rich rum soaked piece of fruitcake.

1 Comments:

At 12/23/2005 1:52 PM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

Have you ever had a Jamaican made fruit cake? If not you're missing out big time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home