Monday, May 23, 2005

My Mother-In-Law is dying

My MIL has lived with us the last ten years or so. Her health has declined over the last couple of years resulting in her being coming weaker as well as with more delusions and dementia. About three weeks ago she fell and hurt her back. Every time we tried to get her up to go to the bathroom or to set up in her chair to watch TV in the family room it hurt her. My wife called MIL's doc and she said to take the MIL to the hospital. She was admitted for a few days then sent to a nursing home. She has not eaten or drank much for the last month and it has been very hard to get her to take pills for her headaches or back pain. When she was admitted she was malnourished and dehydrated. Now she has stopped drinking or eating altogether. The doc thinks she is terminal with only a few days left. My wife is devastated. All of this is reminding me of my mother's death. Right now the least little sad thing causes me to tear up. I am so emotional right now.

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2005 8:30 AM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

I'm sorry to hear about this. Be strong. Your wife will need you most right now.

 
At 5/25/2005 3:31 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

:::::hugs:::::

There really isn't much more i can say.

 
At 11/11/2005 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had the opportunity to visit your blog - I found it's very interesting.

signs of a cheating wife

 

Post a Comment

<< Home