Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fantasies

Jamie over at Margaritaville has a posting about fantasizing. Her post ends with this: "...But I was wondering if any of you guys ever do it. And what do you fantasize about? No fair lying, since I just told you my deep, dark secret!"

I'm sorry, but I don't think that Jamie posted a deep or a dark secret. In fact her fantasies seem quite normal to me. Now I don't share her type of fantasies (horror/thriller), but I do have my own. Let's remember that fantasies are the source material for writers. In Jamie's case maybe a writer like Edgar Allen Poe. And of course we all fantasize about hot sexy people. I guess what I am saying is we all fantasize.

The issue, to me, is how much and when. If we fantasize too little we become dull lifeless people. If we fantasize too much we lose connection with reality and are worthless, maybe dangerous, to our self and those around us. Timing is also important. Fantasizing or day dreaming is bad when we are driving. Day dreaming about the hot person setting next to us during a boring meeting may be the only way we can survive it.

Also many of our goals in life come from our fantasies. As we were told in the song from the musical South Pacific, "If you don't have a dream, How you gonna make a dream come true?"

Fantasies do have an important place in our lives. I for one could not maintain my place in life without my masturbation fantasies.

Fantasies allow us to have in a virtual world that what we cannot or should not have in the real world. Where we get into trouble is when we act on our fantasy when it is wrong to do so.

One of my fantasies is to have an affair with a thirtesh woman. (Women in their thirties are the best sexually.) But its not going to happen. Because, what women wants to date a man twice their age? Sigh.

Another fantasy of mine is to get rich. But that is not going to happen either. Its too late, I've had my chance and I'm not going to rob a bank.

One more fantasy is to meet and have coffee or a meal with some of my blogging friends. Who knows, that may happen.

8 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 6:42 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Cool. Ok, maybe it's not a deep dark secret, but I don't usually discuss the content of the fantasies!

If your ever in So IL, coffee would be great!

 
At 6/28/2005 7:01 PM, Blogger SunsetMan said...

Or if you are visiting pup as I live near by.

 
At 6/29/2005 6:00 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Sure, I'll let you know next time!

 
At 6/30/2005 2:57 PM, Blogger SunsetMan said...

Most of those guys have money, I don't. I do think if I met someone and we got to know each other I might have a chance for more. But being married whittles away at those chances too.

 
At 6/30/2005 3:17 PM, Blogger Mona said...

i found you by leafing through blogs....what a great post...not what I would expect to be launched from the question of fantasies. I'm really impressed.

Here's to you fulfilling some of those.

 
At 6/30/2005 3:42 PM, Blogger Wanting said...

Fantasies are nothing to be ashamed of...sometimes they help me cope..

 
At 7/01/2005 6:50 PM, Blogger Red said...

I love fantasies. Mine are very naughty and generally shock EH (in a good way)

If you make it to South Florida, I'd be quite pleased to do coffee.

 
At 7/09/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

I have so many fantasies I think I'll write a post about them. You should try to make your fantasies come true ... ALL OF THEM! You may be surprised if you find a 30 something woman, win the lottery or come to Jamaica to meet blog friends ... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home