Monday, June 20, 2005

My father

Now that Father's Day is past, I guess I need to post about my father. He was overly strict. My wife tells me he was abusive both physically and mentally when I tell her about how he treated me. I do not love him nor do I even like him. I try not to hate him. His voice left on my answering machine a few years ago gave me the willies. My own strong reaction to his voice surprised me. At that point I decided to avoid all contact with him. I mean, why should I put myself in that dark place? Since then I have received several cards. I have not even opened them. Well I did have my wife look at them to see if there is anything that I needed to know about. I got one last Christmas so I guess he is still alive. I really don't want to write or think anymore about this.

2 Comments:

At 6/22/2005 4:30 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Wow, it must have been a rough road for you. I don't blame you. I just hope you don't let it wear you down. Have you told him to leave you alone?

I had a problem hating another person once. I don't know how I changed, but I did. I no longer expect anything from his promises, nor do I expect to keep mine towards him. He just is... Strange I don't seem to even worry about it anymore.

 
At 6/22/2005 6:27 PM, Blogger SunsetMan said...

I never was able to talk with him - then or now. Luckily for me he lives about 5 hours away by car. I just ignore him, I never reply to him. He has a step family to care for him, so I let them.

Hating someone is hard on the hater. It eats on ones soul. Its best to not think about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home