Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Colonoscopy

Yes I am having one Thursday morning. This means dry toast for breakfast and that's it for Wednesday as far as eating. Then Wednesday evening the fun begins. "The clean out." First a laxative and then four liters of a vile liquid to drink at the rate of one glass every ten minutes or so. Fun, fun, fun. NOT!! Guess I'll be "sitting" a lot Wednesday evening. The information from the GI's Doctors office says that I will "have sedation to make you comfortable during the procedure." I hope so.

This is not my idea of a "diet procedure" but maybe I will lose a couple of pounds.

I don't think any thing is wrong with me, it's just that my Doc is proactive. Which is good, I think.

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

That "diet" will surely help you shed a few of those 8 lbs you were fussing about. All the best with your procedure.

 
At 1/10/2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Is it cherry flavored golightly? Yeah, just put TONS of reading material in the bathroom before you start, and you may as well drag it with you when you start or you'll never finish it, and they'll have to give you an enema in the morning!

But once it's over, you'll be so tired, that sedative will work like a charm!

Glad your doing it. Starting at age 40, we should all get one, really.

 
At 1/10/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger SunsetMan said...

Its TriLyte and I have a chose of Lemon Lime, Orange. Citrus Berry, Pineapple or Cherry flavor. And I am sure they are all bad. (Now if they had chocolate...) Oh well I guess it won't kill me. So you think that at 66 I am over due for this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home