Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Morning Adventures

This morning at 5:30 am I awoke to the alarm, struggled out of bed, did my morning stuff, put a handful of tools in my car and drove off. I was going across town to help a friend to reinstall the light fixtures on the front of their house. He had taken a job in Baghdad as he was painting his house and ran out of time to reinstall the lights before he went to Texas for a week of training and then the long flight to Baghdad. He is working and living in the green zone so he is mostly out of the line of fire.

The drive should have only taken 20 to 30 minutes but took 45 due to two of the eight river bridges being closed for repairs. Why so early? Two reasons. One, its cooler in the morning, its going to be in the mid 90s today. And two, I wanted to get ahead of the go-to-work traffic. I arrived around 7:15. I had three lights to put up, one by the front door and two on either side of the double garage door. I quickly had the light by the front door up and working. She and I could not find the brass nuts that hold the lights to the wall by the garage, so its off to Home Depot for some hardware. Then back to the house and I installed the garage lights. Easy to do if you have a cue. Put the house numbers up below the front door light and I was done. Left there about 9:20. When I got home I laid down and slept till noon.

It may not be much of an adventure, it felt good to do something for a friend.

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

That's a nice thing you did. So sweet.

And I could use a handyman around my house. Lemme know if your ever in So IL with your tools!

 
At 8/04/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Mama Duck said...

Hey- thanks for stopping by!

A trip to Home Depot AND a nap all in one day? That's a banner day in my book!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home