Monday, March 07, 2005

Where have all the Blogers gone?

Sung to the tune
"Where have all the flowers gone?"
by Pete Seeger

Where have all the Blogers gone?
Long time writing.
Where have all the Blogers gone?
Long time I've read.
Where have all the Blogers gone?
I enjoyed them every one.
Why did they go away?
Why did they go away?

I understand that a new blog is created every three seconds. I wonder how often a blog stops?

Some writers just stop posting. Their blog is still there for all to read but no new posting. I wonder what happen to them. I hope nothing bad. One such blog, that I read, the writer was in a auto crash and could not post for awhile. So now I know she is still alive. But the rest?

Other writer's last post let us know why they are stopping. Some leave the whole blog in place while others leave just the last posting and delete all of their old writings. A few leave a last message for a few days and then all of the blog disappears. At least their regular readers know what has happen to them.

Some blogs just disappear. You read them one day and the next day they're gone. I'm sure they are still alive. I mean does anyone leave instructions in their Will to delete their blog?

So it begs the question, Do the Bloggers owe us a reason for stopping?

From a selfish point of view I want them to leave a reason as I want closure. To many of the bloggers I would like to be able to say goodby and thanks for a good read. I also hate being left hanging.

Oh well, such is life.

8 Comments:

At 3/07/2005 7:26 PM, Blogger New Girl said...

I kind of hurts when a blog you have come to know and love disappears suddenly. It's like someone breaking up with you for no reason.

I agree-I want closure.

 
At 3/07/2005 7:26 PM, Blogger New Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/07/2005 9:35 PM, Blogger SunsetMan said...

The disappearance of "Incredibly Bad Decisions (Average Joe)" caused me to write this posting. Several blogs I enjoyed reading disappeared right after Valentine's Day. I thought the timing was odd.

 
At 3/07/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

A few of my favorite blogs have disappeared since I've started blogging. A couple did so because they had been anonymous, but were discovered by people they knew in their real lives. They tried again, but were discovered again and gave up. Others simply didn't realize it would be so much work.

I was as shocked as everyone else when I discovered that Average Joe's Blog was deleted. However, earlier today I learned that he's okay. No car accident nor other tragedy.

 
At 3/08/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger CoolDestiny said...

There was only one blog that I used to read and she actually told us that she was starting a new aspect of her life and that she wouldn't be able to post but she would leave the blog there. So I had closure. Don't worry. If I ever decide to stop posting, as long as I can do so, I'll give you closure. That's a promise.

 
At 8/13/2005 1:49 AM, Blogger New Age Harlot said...

Happened to me too. One blog i read regularly stopped with all posts intact, but as I was in contact with the blogger I knew why. But if I wasn't I'd be left hanging. Is he OK? Why? etc
I think it's fair to let readers know a bit what to expect. I'm taking a break in the serialisation of my story for a month but meanwhile posting collages and other aspects of the story. But I make it clear (I hope)to eaders what's happening.

 
At 8/04/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://txhltlsf.com/idog/fskx.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://slsladvu.com/peku/qgyz.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 8/04/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://txhltlsf.com/idog/fskx.html | http://xlamkyiz.com/jymr/ldxw.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home