Friday, March 25, 2005

Dumb Shit part 2

When I was a senior in high school, I was consider a bit of a math wiz. I got good grades, mostly A's, with out much effort on my part. Somehow I understood the underlying theory. One day Miss L ask me to help her with her algebra. I was very surprised as she was out of my league. She was beautiful, a cheer leader, only dated the best guys, got excellent grades, was the homecoming queen, and her parents had money. Now I was a bit of a loner with poor social skills. My parents were poor. Of course I agreed to help her. I spent a couple of sessions explaining how algebra worked, not just what to do to to get an answer to a problem. It seemed to me that most math teachers said what to do instead of why. After a bit Miss L did seem to be doing better with algebra. On our last session, because she never ask for my help again, we were sitting side-by-side at a table. She asked about a explanation in the text book that was in front of her. I put my arm on the table to point to parts of the text like I have done many times before. Miss L moved closer to the table and laid her breasts on my arm, turned her head and smiled at me. I continued on the rest of the explanation trying to be cool, but it was hard (take it both ways). After that she almost always smiled and spoke to me when we passed in the hall. Man, I was in lust. The best looking girl in school was interested in being friends with me, but I did nothing about it. Dumb, dumb, dumb

Looking back I don't think she really needed my help with her algebra in the first place as she was a very smart girl. She maybe wanted something more from me.

At our twenty year reunion she made a point to come over and sit with me and we talked quite a while. The sad thing was that life had not been kind to her in many ways. But the biggest shock was her looks. In twenty years she had gone from being a beauty queen to looking like a tired old hag.

It broke by heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home