Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Honey, I'm engaged. See my ring.

Back when I was dating, I had four different steady, but not exclusive, girl friends that showed up for a date and told me she was engaged. One even proudly wore her ring on our date. All gave me goodby sex with three spending the night with me. I was happy for each of them as her new hubby would give her the financial and emotional stability they wanted for raising their kids. I don't think love was involved with any of the four women, becauses if love was there they would have stopped seeing me long before they got engaged. Three continued to visit me several months after their engagement. One even came over for a afternoon delight a couple of days before her wedding. She told me she wished she could continue to see me to have sex, as her husband-to-be was not very good in bed, but she didn't want to risk her marriage. One of the women called me about six months after her marriage asking me to come spend the night with her as she was lonely having just separated with her husband. We got together regularly after that until I got engaged.

I think there are a lot of loveless and passionless marriages of convenience out there. I know that at least two of the above were still married ten years later. I lost track of the other one.

I wonder how many husbands and wives stay together because of convenience or because it is easier to stay married than get divorced?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home