Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Support Our Troops




Here in red state flyover country I see a lot of these magnetic ribbons on cars. My guess is that over one third of the cars around town have them. But I wonder if they are really supporting our troops or are they supporting W. I wonder if they have helped the USO, VFW, American Legion, military relief societies, American Red Cross Armed Forces Emergency Services, Fisher House and the like or sent letters and Care packages to the troops? There are so many things one can do - - just Google "support our troops."

I think the United States owes the troops sent to Iraq Big time.

The USA has troops in Iraq based on a lie. There were no WMD and W knew it. Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 and W knew it. Iraq was only a threat to its own people and maybe, just maybe, to their neighbors and W knew it. Iran was and is more a threat to the USA than Iraq ever was.

The USA does not have enough full time active troops to fight and control two or more countries by itself. So the National Guard and Reserves had to be activated for Iraq. These are the troops and their families that I feel the sorriest for. I keep hearing in the news of families that are threaten with home foreclosure as soon as the service (wo)man returns from active duty and have to depend on donations to keep the house. Being activated puts a financial hardship on the families. One that takes several years, if ever, to recover from. These families are being hurt and loved ones killed, not to defend our country but to defend a lie. To me all the options for us now in Iraq are poor to bad. Damn, damn, damn!

I really hope the USA will do more for its vets. I also hope that the people who have the "Support Our Troops" ribbons on their car are doing concrete active things for the troops.

1 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 12:02 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Just found your blog and saw this pic...that is too funny!!

Thanks for the laugh!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home